Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Big changes ahead

Last week, my friend Marci called me out on not posting anything about the big changes that are happening in our life and in Chino's life. It wasn't ready to be social media public yet, but as of last Thursday, its officially out there. That's right. It. It is a big change that Nick and I are still getting used to. It is going to rock our world. It is going to make Chino a big brother. It is making us parents this year. That's right. Parents. Our furbaby is going to have a two legged big brother or sister. I'm not sure that he's grasped the enormity of the situation, I know that I haven't.

What I do know is that we are so blessed that we have been given this gift of fear and uncertainty and love. We are holding hands and ready for our adventure into parenthood, which will consist of trips to Babies R Us, projectile vomiting, breast pumps, elastic pants, onesies and lots of love and laughter. Its hard to say that we're actually ready, but I know that we're as ready as we'll ever be. I can't imagine our 20-something selves handling this as remotely well as our 30-something selves are doing (so far, anyway), and I'm so grateful that we got to spend time together "growing up" and making memories before we decided embark on the adventures of parenthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment